IN THIS EDITION
- Upcoming Events
- In-School Volunteer Opportunities
- Important Links and Reminders
Our annual Canned Food Drive, the Souper Bowl, benefitting the Northfield Food Pantry runs through Friday, 2/10. You can send your child to school with shelf stable canned food items or items from the Most Wanted list below. Each item donated is a vote for who your child thinks will win the Super Bowl!
Food Pantry Most Wanted Items: canned beef stew/hearty soups, plain white rice, coffee/tea, boxed cereal, chili, black beans.
Scholastic Book Fair
The book fair is coming soon! Class shopping will take place 2/6, 2/7 and 2/8. Each class will shop during a 20-minute time slot. Students may shop by themselves with cash or an eWallet or a parent/caregiver is invited to join at the assigned time for their class:
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8
The book fair will also be open during conferences:
Wednesday 2/8 from 5-8pm and Thursday 2/9 from 1-8pm
Payment forms accepted: Cash, credit cards, and Scholastic's eWallet tool. Please visit our Book Fair's Website to sign up for an eWallet. If you have leftover funds from past fairs, make sure you create a new e-Wallet for this fair and then you will be given the option to add your previous balance. Please email Stacey.Teplinsky@gmail.
You can also shop our online book fair from 2/6-2/19 if you can't make it to the fair in person!
If you are interested in volunteering at the Book Fair please use the following link to sign up: Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up. Any help is appreciated!
We will be hosting a book drive to benefit Bernie's Book Bank concurrently with the book fair. Students can bring gently used or new children's books that range from birth to 6th grade reading level. Children's books, board books, recent non-fiction and chapter books are all accepted. Books can be put into collections bins from February 6-9.
Lunch with my Learner Program
Please read the following items so that this program can run smoothly.
- We can only allow for ONE visitor per student, ONE visit per student this year. This will be tracked using the student’s name. Your student’s first visit will be counted as their one for the year, any other future visits on the sign up will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation with this as this is the only way to allow every student to participate in the program.
- Please add the student’s name and teacher to the sign up. This allows the staff to prepare for your visit.
- Please remember that you may bring lunch for yourself and your student. Carbonated beverages are discouraged. You may not bring in any items (food or otherwise) to share with any other students.
- If you need to sign up or make adjustments to your sign up, you can do that here
VOLUNTEER AT SCHOOL
Hot Lunch Volunteer Spots
Hot Lunch Volunteer spots for April will be released on Wednesday, March 1 at 8pm. In the meantime, please check back here as people do cancel.
Volunteer in the school library on Tuesdays. Sign up
Do you have 30 minutes in the morning that you can help welcome the students to school while the staff attends their monthly morning meeting? If so, please sign up using this form.
- Visit this site to order hot lunch for your student. Just don’t forget that the ordering window closes at 10am on Thursday the week prior.
- Buy Spiritwear!
- Order Birthday Signs
- Join Amazon Smile and support Hickory Point while you shop!
- To purchase your yearbook: Go to www.treering.com/validate Enter your school code: 1013313179884959
NEXT PTA MEETING: March 3, 10am at Hickory Point
2022-2023 PTA Board
Co-President: Kate Riggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-President: Caroline Kang email@example.com
Vice President: Stephanie Tasman firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Dana Schneider email@example.com
Treasurer: Maryann Czarnota firstname.lastname@example.org