The following descriptions are directly from the iTunes store website.
Click here to download iTunes
Click on the app icon to be directed to their website to read the full app description and sample screen shots
Butterfly Math Addition- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
The Butterfly Math Addition app takes the approach in teaching simple concepts in numbers and addition to young minds. We have developed the app in such a way that it is going to be fun to interact/play with the app as well as learn the concepts. These are the basic skills which kids can learn from this app:
1. Fine motor skills
2. Concept of numbers
4. Reward Game
Starfall Numbers- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
Explore numbers with the magic of curiosity and the power of motivation: the Starfall way! With this app, your child will learn to recognize number symbols and values by connecting them to real-world objects (such as 1 sun, 5 fingers, and 10 toes). Your child will then apply these concepts with counting games! Starfall Numbers includes individual activities for numbers 0-20, 25, 50, and 100, plus four interactive games that bridge numbers between 20 and 100 and build counting skills in entertaining and practical ways. Each activity reinforces simple language and basic vocabulary, making this app an excellent choice for pre-readers, emerging readers, and English language learners alike.
Park Math HD- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
- NUMBERS: Count up to 50 as a rabbit swings
- COUNTING: Feed a hippo the correct number of food items
- ADDITION: Learn how to add by helping ducks climb to the top of a slide
- SUBTRACTION: Learn how to subtract as apples fall from a tree
- GREATER THAN/LESS THAN: Balance a seesaw by adding and subtracting mice
- PATTERNS: Complete the pattern in the sandbox with the correct toy
- SORTING: Order the dogs from small to large or place numbers into sequence
Moose Math- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities.
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by joining the dots
Sight Words Parrot Fish- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
1 - Peter Puffs: Matching a word to the same word, (visual discrimination, one to one correspondence, visual tracking)
2 - Super Shelly: Finding a pair of words (both auditory memory and visual memory)
3 - Crabby Clara: Building a word from its component parts, ie the letters (one to one correspondence, attendance to word shapes, letter recognition, understanding that words are made up of letters)
4 - Edgar's Eggs: Seeing and hearing a word, remembering it and then identifying words that are not the same (visual memory, word recognition)
5 - Wally's Words: Seeing a word, remembering it and identifying it on the next screen (visual memory)
6 - Stella Stars: Hearing a word and identifying a word from a selection (reading and applying what has been remembered from previous games)
Starfall Learning to Read- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
Learn to Read from the starfall.com website is now a FREE app!
The Starfall Learn to Read FREE app is made possible by the member supporters of Starfall.com, a publicly supported nonprofit. The activities at Starfall.com motivate through exploration, positive reinforcement, and play.
Since 2002 Children around the world have learned to read with Zac the Rat — and your child will too! Each numbered section features a vowel sound and its related spelling. Your child will hear, touch, read and eventually master this sound-spelling through a variety of engaging activities, movies, and songs. Encourage your child to play and explore! Your child will come to recognize the relationship between spoken and written language while having fun learning to read. This app is excellent for emerging readers and English language learners.
Reader Bee and the Story Tree Lite- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
Reader Bee and the Story Tree includes:
- 30 fun and interactive learning activities
- 6 books that kids can read at their own pace or follow along
- 6 spelling games for kids to play with word making
Bugsy Kindergarten Math- NB27 Suggested Grade Level: K
Bugsy is a very hungry hamster. Keep his fridge stocked by playing fun math games.
WHAT YOUR CHILD CAN LEARN
- Numbers — 0-30
- Counting — count by 1, 2, 3 & 5
- Comparisons — quantities & numbers
- Writing Numbers — 0 - 9
- Pattern Recognition — simple & complex
- Number Bonds — number relationships
- Basic Arithmetic — addition & subtraction up to 20