The library at Hickory Point is in the center of the building, and that's just where we like it. We strive to ensure that it's an exciting and welcoming place for all students and staff to celebrate reading, growing and exploring together.
It is my goal to help students learn about the importance of books, reading and libraries while also providing access to a variety of quality reading materials to meet different purposes. During library classes, I will provide engaging learning experiences that will encourage and support students as they develop important skills and discover their own reading preferences. I am thrilled to be able to share my passion for books and reading with the Hickory Point community, and I can't wait to help your child develop their own love for reading!
Update as of April 2021:
In order to manage book circulation between the two buildings, we are still doing our holds-only checkout system. Please be sure to check your library account each week to request books. If books are not requested through the catalog, your child will not get books for that week.
Students can hold 4 books at a time using the online catalog. Any holds that are available will be delivered to students during their library class each week. Requested books for remote students will be available to pick up during the bi-weekly remote pick up dates.
Please help your child remember to return their library books in the plastic bags they come home in so that we can reuse them.
This step-by-step flyer Opens in New Window may be helpful, as well as the tutorial videos below.
The first catalog tutorial video below covers:
- What is the library catalog?
- How do I access the catalog?
- How do I use the catalog to find books?
The second catalog tutorial video below covers:
- How do I know which books I have on hold? What if I change my mind about a book? (starting at 0:55)
- How do I know what books are currently checked out on my account? (starting at 3:38)
- How do I know what kinds of books I am looking at? (starting at 4:13)
- What does it mean when I see _______ ? (starting at 6:37)
- Understanding different scenarios, notifications and pop-ups that you may see
- Other helpful notes, tips and tricks to help you use the catalog (starting at 8:50)
What is Axis 360? Axis 360 allows District 27 students the ability to browse, checkout, read, and listen to books on a phone or computer with ease. If you have difficulty with checkout or return, please contact the Northbrook Public Library.
Hickory Point Axis360 to My Library Opens in New Window - All Students will login with their NB27 credentials.
2020-2021 Library Schedule
Susan Gordon(847) 498-3830 ext. 3342 email@example.com Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window