The primary goals of District 27 are to provide each student with learning opportunities in every academic area, and to develop individual interests so students will continue their learning activities beyond the formal school setting.
The basic program for all students at Hickory Point includes reading, writing, language (grammar, usage, oral and written expression, handwriting and spelling,) mathematics, science, social studies, physical education, art, music, computers, social emotional, and library.
The Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment oversees the following:
- Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies core curricula.
- Foreign Language, Art, Music, P.E., Technology, and Health programs.
- Large-scale assessments, including PARCC, Terra Nova and STAR.
- Instructional Technology.
- Response to Intervention.
- School Improvement Plans.
- Professional Development.