On behalf of the entire Hickory Point staff, welcome to the 2018-2019 school year.
Over the summer, the staff have worked hard to get the building clean and organized. Also, the staff have been meeting to refine Science instruction across all three grade levels. We are excited to officially adopt Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is an implementation framework that supports the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral competence of all students. Students will also be learning to use Chromebooks to create and collaborate working on 21st century skills. You will learn more about PBIS, Chromebooks and the curriculum on Curriculum Night on August 28 at 6:15pm.
We believe communication between home and school is essential. The principal’s newsletter will continue to be the main communication tool. It is updated weekly. All newsletters and forms will be made available on the website.
We are very excited to welcome back the children on our first day of school. I am looking forward to working with you on behalf of your children as we embark upon a journey of fun, friendships and learning! Here is the schedule for the first week of school:
- Monday, August 20
- First and Second Grade Meet and Greet 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm (Student with parent or caretaker meets his/her teacher, classmates and explores the classroom.)
- Popsicles with principals 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm on the playground.
- Tuesday, August 21
- Kindergarten Meet and Greet 8:30 am - 10:00 am (Student with parent or caretaker meets his/her teacher, classmates and explores the classroom.)
- Wednesday, August 22
- First full day of school 8:30 am - 3:00 pm. Please make sure your child’s teacher knows how your child is getting home from school each day. Safety is our top priority and we want to make sure each child’s daily dismissal schedule is clear to staff.
- Tuesday, August 28
- Hickory Point Curriculum Night at 6:15 pm. Meet and Greet with Mrs. Deely
Enjoy the last few days of summer vacation. We are looking forward to a great year.