It is hard to believe that we will be actively engaged in Parent/Teacher Conferences next week. Conferences will be held on February 8 and 9. We believe that communication between the school and home is an invaluable tool in a child’s education and extremely important in facilitating a successful outcome.
Hickory Point staff works diligently to prepare for conferences. As you know, there have been many different variables we faced this year. We ask for your patience and partnership with our teachers. Conference time is all about your child. Here are some suggestions for topics for discussion:
- What are my child’s strengths? What areas are goals for improvement?
- Please share your newly gained observations about your child as a learner at home.
- What are the curricular or content skills or concepts over the next few months?
- How is my child doing socially and emotionally? How is he/she getting along with peers and adults? How is your child handling frustration?
- How can we work together to support my child?
I hope that this experience proves to be valuable for both you and your child.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to gain a different perspective on a day in the life of your student. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Conferences.